Working on capstone report.
Working on capstone report
This week was spent testing the secure production options for the application. Strapi.io framework has a way to toggle on and off security options such as CSRF, P3P, HSTS, XFRAME, etc. Toggled
This week was spent testing out how to implement a custom API endpoint for Strapi.io. Managed to get the API to respond with custom messages, but still in the progress of understanding
This week is spent researching on writing custom API endpoints for the Strapi.io framework. Reason for this research is so that I am able to trigger off a series of action when
This week is spent fixing the bugs that existed in the ReactJS version of the project, some bugs came from the migration to VueJS. Because of the asynchronous nature of the application, there
This week was spent converting the admin portion of the application from ReactJS to VueJS. Like the trainee portion, most of the view/template code can be reused. But the logic behind needs
This week was spent converting the trainee portion of the application from ReactJS to VueJS. A good portion of the code for the view/template portion can be reused. But most of the
Did follow up review for a previous project
After a lot of testing and researched, I have decided to change the front-end framework to VueJS. https://vuejs.org Reason for changing is because the React Boilerplate framework that I was using
NA Very busy with IWSP work this week.
Used React Boilerplate to redesign the capstone project. Finally managed to learn how to use react-saga and the middleware data flow works. This enabled me to implement the basic authorization protocol for the
Disaster strikes. While researching the best way to style components, found a better, more in depth boiler plate for React. It solves a lot of issues I had with creating my own skeleton
Worked on the report this week. Finished up the trimester report and sent it to both supervisors for review. While working on the report, I've realized that the current structure might need changes
This week is spent mostly on the capstone trimester report. Research is done mainly for the purpose of the report. For eg. literature review, and getting all of the sources for citations.
Work for IWSP is a little busy this week so less progress was made on capstone. Worked on the logout portion of the system, which turned out to be tougher than expected due
I worked on going through the examples/documentation given by strapi.io API and tested how I could implement it for the project. Managed to get the basic authentication working where the API
This week was spent mostly on research on how to integrate the different modules into the project. In summary, React is the front end framework responsible for rendering the components onto the page.
In preparation for going through the design document with my supervisor next week. I started researching on all the options I have for the project. In summary, I have chosen to go with
I met up with my supervisor to discuss the more specific requirements for the capstone, as well as the environment that the project will be deployed in. After discussion, I realize that my